DAILY TEST II
Mata Pelajaran : Bahasa Inggris
Satuan Pendidikan : SMP Negeri 10 Padang
Kelas / semester : IX / I
Hari / Tanggal : Selasa/ 25/ 10/2011
Choosethecorrect answer by crossing (x) a, b, c, or d
Dialogue I for number 1-4
Riska : Could you borrow me your hand phone?
Tina : Sure, please do.
Riska : How kind you are
Tina : Don’t mention it
Riska : Excuse me, can you teach me how to use it?
Tina : First, press the unlock key, and then dial the number you want to call.
Riska : I can’t still operate yet. What’s the matter?
Tina : I’m not certain. Let me see
Oh….. You have to press and hold several time at this button to release the unlock key.
After that, dial the number and press O.K?
Riska : I’ll try it.
Tina : Does it work?
Riska : Yes, thanks, here you are.
Tina : You are welcome.
1. The expression, “Sure, please do” means…………………
a. Tina may borrow the hand phone c. Riska may borrow the hand phone
b. Tina has to borrow the hand phone d. Riska can not borrow the hand phone
2. Can Riska operate the hand phone at first?
a. Yes, of course. c. Yes, she does
b. Yes, she can. d. Riska can not operate it at first.
3. Tina is not sure about the trouble of her hand phone. How does she say to express her uncertainty?
a. I’m not certain c. First, press unlock key.
b. Don’t mention it d. Sure, please do.
4. The topic of the dialogue is borrowing………………….
a. USB b. Handy cam c. Hand phone d. Digital camera
5. Ridwan : Rara, how about our plan tomorrow? Can you take part?
Rara : I can’t……. yet. I have many homeworks to do
a. sure b. certain c. know d. decide
a. sure b. certain c. know d. decide
6. In the day is hot, while night…… cold.
a. are b. feels c. feel d. be
7. ….. the table. It’s very dusty.
a. dust b. dusty c. to dust d. duster
8. My pencil is blunt, ……. it please.
a. Sharpen b. to sharpen c. sharpening d. sharpened
9. Please, be quite and…… your mouth.
a. Shut b. is shut c. shuted d. to shut
10. ….. the window! I feel very cold
a. close b. closing c. to close d. closed
Text I for number 11-13
- Cubes of lamb - Onion - Ommar seasoning mixture
- Squares of green pepper - Salad
- Cut onions into quarters
- Put cubes of lamb, squares of green pepper, and onion squares on bamboo skewers and marinate them in Ommar seasoning.
- Grill them
- Serve them with a salad (curry like seasoning from india)
11. The writer writes the text to…………
a. inform how to serve a salad c. tell how to make Ommar Kebab
b. explain how to make a salad d. discuss how to make cubes of lamb
12. We need…….. ingredients to make Ommar Kebab
a. Three c. five
b. Four d. six
13. The word “them” in the second step refers to……………
a. squares of green pepper and onions c. cubes of lamb and onions.
b. onion, bamboo skewers, and salad d. cubes of lamb, onions, and squares of green pepper
14. Computer can keep data
Computer can process data
Good combinations of the sentence are……….
a. Computer can keep data and can process data
b. Computer can not only keep data and can process data
c. Computer can keep data but also process data
d. Computer can not only keep data but also process data
15. Arrange the jumbled sentences below into a good paragraph!
1. The Radio programs go from the radio station to transmitter
2. What is the radio station?
3. They go in the air to your house and your radio takes them air.
4. A lot of people work in the radio station
5. It’s the place that the radio programs came from
6. How do the radio programs get to your house?
The best arrangement of the paragraph is………………….
a. 1-3-6-5-4-2 c. 2-5-4-6-1-3
b. 3-2-1-5-4-6 d. 4-1-2-3-5-6
Text II for number 16-18
- Power off the phone
- Remove battery and other external power connection
- Insert sim card into sim card socket
- Turn on your phone
- Install sim card to your phone
- Sim card is ready to use
16. What is the goal of the text?
a. How to turn off phone c. How to install sim card to phone
b. How to use hand phone d. How to remove phone’s battery
17. How many steps are there?
There are….. Steps
a. 3 b. 5 c. 4 d. 6
18. What should we do before “insert sim card into sim card socket”?
a. Turn on your phone
b. Remove battery and other external power connection
c. Power off the phone
d. Install sim card to your phone
19. Which is the correct imperative sentence below?
a. Cut down the paper c. Put your motorcycle away
b. Turn out your computer off d. Take on your book
20. Ratna: Can you…….. the radio please?
I want to listen news
Galih : Yes, I can
a. Turn on c. Turn over
b. Turn off d. Put off
= GOOD LUCK=